Launch a multilingual, accessible, and secure payment portal with configurable payment options.
Why Setup a Payment Portal?
Launch a multilingual, accessible, and secure payment portal with configurable payment options. Payment portals are flexible and can be used for both online and offline payments.
- Accept all major credit and debit cards with Apple Pay and Google Wallet support.
- Provide a quick link to a third-party payment portal without added fees.
- Allow payees to make partial payments and manage installment-based payment plans.
- Provide clear instructions for each offline payment method that you want to support (Mail, In-Person, By Phone).
How to Setup a Payment Portal
Step 1) From the main navigation bar, click on Admin / Portals:
Step 2) In the Add Portal form:
- Choose a name for your portal (this can be changed later).
- Set the domain to ecourtpayment.com (required).
- Click the Add button.
Step 3) You'll be redirected to the newly created Payment Portal. After making any changes, click the Save button.
- Portal Link: customize the portal link to your preferences (must be unique).
- Merge Tag: use this merge tag to place an auto-generated portal link in any Payment message templates.
- Logo/Icon: upload a logo and/or icon. The General Settings / Logo and Icon settings are used as the default.
Portal Payment Options
Enable your desired payment options. Each option can be turned on or off for the given portal.
- Cards and Wallets - use a built-in payment gateway to accept any major US credit or debit card.
- ACH - use a built-in payment gateway to accept bank payments from any US bank account.
- PayPal - accept payments through your own PayPal account.
- External Portal - use a third-party payment portal to pay online.
- Pay by Phone - use a third-party IVR system to pay by phone.
- Postal Mail - provide instructions for sending postal payments (checks, money orders, etc.).
- In-Person - provide instructions for paying at an in-person location.
What to Expect
After saving, the payment portal should reflect your latest changes and be ready to use in messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Can I customize the payment portal for different types of services?
Answer: You can create multiple payment portals with specific settings for different services, allowing users to select the appropriate portal for their client's payments.
Question: How can I share the payment portal link with clients?
Answer: You can share the unique payment portal link via text, email, or calls. You can also include the link on your website.